I feel like I’ve been invited to the cool kid’s table! Thanks, Cool Kid Kitt Crescendo, for the nomination! (If you don’t follow Kitt’s blog, you’re missing out. She’s got so much heart and humor to share. Her perspective on life and entertainment is refreshing and always a high-point of my day).
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Post eleven random facts about yourself.
3. You answer the eleven questions asked by the person who nominated you.
4. You think of a new set of eleven questions and nominate eleven others to answer them.
My eleven random facts:
1. I do not find zombies sexy and will not read zombie romance.
2. I like peanut butter, but I hate it in sweet treats. Except Reeses Peanutbutter Cups. I don’t know anyone who hates those. They’re like a universal comfort food.
3. I have no idea what I’m doing with potty training my 3yo daughter, but whatever I’m doing seems to be working.
4. I am totally hooked on blue-collar romance. The rougher the man, the more I dig him.
5. I hate to bake, but I like cooking meals.
6. I like listening to Christian contemporary music.
7. I love Jesus and I read erotica. Deal with it.
8. I resisted social media for years. Now I am somewhat addicted. This is why I hate trying new things.
9. I publish romance with Lyrical Press, and totally love working with a small press.
10. I know all the words to “Hush Little Baby”
11. I have a birthmark on my elbow that looks like an elephant taking a dump.
Kitt’s 11 Questions:
1. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
I would give myself the superpower of being able to stop time so I could read all the books I want.
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I never knew growing up, but now that I write romance, I feel like I’ve found my calling. I also love diagnosing hearing loss and fitting hearing aids as an audiologist. My favorite population to work with is veterans.
3. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
A wolf. Pack hierarchy just seems so low pressure. To know one’s place and be content in it seems like a blessing.
4. What one movie can you watch over and over again and never get sick of?
Goon. I never get tired of the characters’ journeys. Plus, I love all the blood and violence.
5. What talent do you wish you had and why?
Juggling would be way cool. Talk about a great conversation starter!
6. If you had to pick one famous person of the same sex to have a man or girl crush on, who would it be and why?
LOL! I just can’t. I’m way too hetero to even consider the question. But I like reading m/m erotica, so it’s not a prejudice thing, just a personal preference. If I could see two guy celebs make out, though, it would be Jason Statham and Alex Pettyfer.
7. When you think of historical figures, who do you most admire and why?
I love musicians. Any of the pioneers of the blues genre have my admiration. Two of my favorites are probably Son House and Leadbelly. I also have mad admiration for Kirk Cobain, who brought blues and rock together with an urban bad-ass attitude and called it grunge.
8. If you could be a professional athlete, what would be the sport you’d like to be a pro at?
I’m not athletic. But I like yoga and strength straining. So maybe gymnastics?
9. What was the coolest thing you have ever done for someone else?
Surprising my husband with a getaway vacation to the Washington coast and throwing in a trip to Kirk Cobain’s hometown of Aberdeen, WA.
10. What are you most afraid of and why?
Ugh. Hurting someone with my car. I am a hugely paranoid driver. It’s probably what motivated me to write Road Rage, my contemporary romance coming out with Lyrical Press later this year.
11. What do you consider your greatest accomplishment to date and why?
My marriage and family. Growing up, I never aspired to be a wife and mom, but it’s by far the most rewarding role I’ve taken on.
My 11 questions for my nominees:
1. Who was your idol growing up?
2. Who motivates you to be the best you you can be?
3. What’s your favorite morning ritual?
4. Fudge or salty snacks?
5. Beer or wine?
6. What’s the biggest challenge you face as a blogger?
7. What’s your favorite season?
8. Where do you go to get away from stress and regroup?
9. If you’re a writer, how many books to you aim to write per year? Are you making your goal?
10. Who’s on your ereader right now?
11. If you look out the window right now, what do you see?
And my nominees are:
1. Laura Lee Nutt
2. Amy Raby
3. Julie Brannagh
4. Mae Clair
5. Joanne Wadsworth
6. Sara Wlter Ellwood
7. Ksenia Anske
8. Nerine Dorman
9. Pippa Jay
10. Angela Quarles
11. Sonya Clark
I can’t wait to read your random facts and answers!
Thanks again to Kitt Crescendo for the nomination. Please click over to her blog. I promise she’ll have something fun or touching or spicy to share.