I would like to thank the illustrious Mae Clair for nominating me for this award. If you haven’t visited her blog, you should. She has a lovely, personable voice. Her romantic suspense Weathering Rock is coming out next month and looks awesome. I would also like to thank my characters, who bug me until I write books about them. Without them I would never have met so many wonderful writing and blogging friends.
Now, I’m supposed to tell you 7 random things about myself. Here goes.
- My new favorite movie is Goon, a super-violent hockey movie set in Nova Scotia. My favorite line: “Two rules, man: Stay away from my f***in’ percocets and do you have any f***in’ percocets?”–the Halifax Highlanders goalie.
- I always order the same thing whenever I get coffee out: tall, double-shot latte with half hazelnut (I’m sweet enough, I only need half the sugar).
- My crit group meets at a cupcake shop.
- My feet are teeny tiny (size 5). Most brands start at a 5.5 or 6. This is the only thing saving me from being a northwestern Imelda Marcos. Okay, that and my temperamental feet that only seem to be happy in shoes built for comfort. It has taken many years and many curled up bits of moleskin to learn that me and heels do not get along. My most stylish pair of shoes are low wedge sandals by Clarks. They look cute with leggings or skirts and I can walk more than 2 blocks in them without pain. My favorite shoes are my black leather Danko clogs. Gentlemen, stop drooling.
- I get my engagement ring inspected every 6mo to keep up the warranty on the diamond. I am more regular about this than papsmears. I may have to reevaluate my priorities. On the other hand, I have never left the OBGYN with my vagina sparkling clean and warrantied against loss or damage for the next 6mo.
- I used to feed the penguins at the New England Aquarium.
- I like sweeping. I find it relaxing.
Rules for participation:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. Thanks, again, Mae Clair!
- List seven random things about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen other awesome bloggers. (If I nominate you and you a. don’t have time to participate b. have already participated because someone else nominated you or c. need to go get a papsmear instead of blogging, then feel free to back away and pretend you didn’t see my post today.)
Laura Lee Nutt
Krista Van Dozler