Only Scandal Will Do by Jenna Jaxon
I’m thrilled to welcome to my blog one of my Lyrical sisters, Jenna Jaxon! I love sharing lines I loved from books I’ve read. Jenna has some excellent lines from her latest release Only Scandal Will Do, a Lyrical Press historical romance. Enjoy!
5 Best Lines from Only Scandal Will Do
1. “Please release me, sir,” she demanded, trying to keep her temper in check. She needed to woo this man to her cause. And though it galled her, she could only do so with soft words, not blows. Perhaps the blows could come later.
2. “You cannot possibly know what kind of husband I would be.”
“And never will, Lord Dalbury. I can swear to you that I would not marry you if I were in Hell and you were my only hope of Heaven.”
3. “Well you are mistaken, my lord. I don’t care who knows what you did. I will not marry you no matter what. What say you to that?”
Dalbury stared down at her and said simply, “I love you.”
4. “No kiss is ever ‘just a kiss,’ Lady Dalbury.”
5. “I am well aware of my orders, Margery, as I am of your diligence in caring for Lady Dalbury. I was not aware, however, that you were unfamiliar with the custom of knocking before entering a room.”
Thanks for sharing those lines, Jenna! I’m totally hooked, not just on your humor-infused voice, but also with that gorgeous cover!
Read on for Jenna’s tagline and blurb, and leave a comment below to enter Jenna’s giveaway! If you want, answer the question: What’s your favorite historical time period to read in a novel?
Jenna will pick a winner for an ecopy of Only Scandal Will Do tomorrow!
He has the woman of his dreams, but what price will he have to pay to win her heart?
Kidnapped and sold at auction in a London brothel, Lady Katarina Fitzwilliam squelches an undeniable attraction to the masked stranger who purchased her, pits her wits against him, and escapes him and the scandal that would ruin her life.
Unable to resist temptation in a London brothel, Duncan Ferrers, Marquess of Dalbury, purchases a fiery beauty. She claims she’s a lady, but how can she be? No lady of his acquaintance in polite society is anything like her. Then he discovers she is who she says, and that this latest romp has compromised her reputation. He knows how that is. One more scandal and he’ll be cast out of London society, but he needs a wife who’ll provide an heir to carry on his illustrious family’s name. He seeks out Katarina, intending only to scotch the scandal, but instead finds his heart ensnared. He’s betting their future he’ll capture her heart, but does he have what it takes to win the wager?
WARNING: A blade-wielding heroine who crosses swords with a master of sensuality.